Search RJ's Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back From Yosemite...


What a redeeming week. Last week Melissa, her mom and dad, Ray and Krystle Mills and I all went to Yosemite to enjoy a week vacation in the splendor of God's creation. It was a great get-a-away. This vacation was a needed one. A lot of crazy things have been going on in my life this summer with Melissa's family and my work situation. Going up there helped me to forget about all the stressful things that are here in Riverside. We left early last Sunday morning and got back Saturday evening last weekend.

The River.
As soon as we got to Yosemite, we ran for the river to dive in and get refreshed. It was the most wonderful feeling jumping into the Merced River! Everyday we took a dip, even on the hikes as we would go off the trails and take a plunge in the river. One day, we rafted down two miles of the river. It was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable times I have had at Yosemite. I cannot wait to do it again!

Half Dome Hike.
This trip was not only a vacation but an adventure! I climbed Half Dome. It was the hardest and most intense thing I have ever did. It was a 14 hour hike. 7 hours up to the top, and 7 hours down. Ray and I were climbing the side of Half Dome and were on the cables holding on for dear life and said, "This is dumb!" It was a long hike and we were stuck in line on the cable climb to reach the top while the sun was scorching. However, it was worth it when we got to the top. Here are some pics.

The Valley.
The Yosemite Valley is truly California's Gold. It is the most beautiful valley I have ever seen. This year, there was more water then previous years flowing down the waterfalls. Yosemite Falls, Vernal Falls, Nevada Falls, and Bridalveil Falls looked beautiful. Everything was lush and green, and the wildlife was out and about. Ray, Melissa's dad, and myself went on a long bike ride around the valley and the upper valley where you travel deep into the woods and rocks in a vast wilderness. We ended up seeing deer and came across a mammoth Black Bear around 400 lbs! IT ROCKED!

The overall trip was wonderful and I cannot wait to go again next year Lord willing. Hope you enjoy the photos!

No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?