Search RJ's Blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

Getting Paper Cuts...

This quarter at Cbu I will indeed be getting paper cuts because of all the reading, page turning, chapter flipping, book referencing, and course studying. I will be reading 6 books in 8 weeks. That is almost one book per week, or if I space them out I can finish them all at the end of the semester (which I plan on doing). Also I have my Bible reading and my studying for ministry with Prayer & Share and High School Ministry. Even though it seems like a lot of stuff to read and do, it truly is a joy. There is nothing greater and more fulfilling that studying Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. Learning historical, cultural, political, economical, theological, doctrinal, and devotional concepts have taken my walk to a whole new level.
I agree with the Apostle Paul in Philippians 3:10 when he expressed his passion to knowing Christ crucified, "Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ."

No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?