The Apostle Peter completely understood this principle and penned this statement in 1 Peter 3:15 that says, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear."
Here are three arguments that believers should NEVER say when trying to defend the Bible:
1. Uncertain-Translation Argument - The Bible has so many translations that we do not know how correct Scripture is but I believe it is the Word of God.
2. Born-into-Religion Argument - The Bible was what I was raised up with from birth so I believe it.
3. It-Works-for-Me Argument - The Bible worked for me when I tried to live by it and I am sticking to it.
Here are three arguments from the Bible that believers should ALWAYS say when trying to defend the Bible:
1. 2 Peter 1:16-21 - The word is authored by God
2. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 The word is inspired by God
3. John 17:17 The word is declared truth by God