Search RJ's Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Boys n' Books - Boys Literacy

While I was at CBU, I had to create a children's literature "awareness" website. I decided to write and research the topic of "boys literacy." Did you know since 2000, boys have been reading less and less and resulting in more poor academic and sociological choices? Check out my website that I created that encourages boys to read. The more we get boys to read, the smarter they will become as they get older, and the better choices they will make as they become men.


http://boysnbooks.weebly.com/


My whole intention for this website and project I selected was to encourage boys literacy in all age groups. Yet, it is not just to make them readers in general to develop their minds and personalities for excellence in academic and sociological choices, but to cultivate an awareness to make them readers of the greatest book of all time, the Holy Bible.

Check out this quote from my website I posted under my "about" section:

The Reason Why I Chose My Topic
"My ultimate goal to make young boy’s superior readers is propelled by my faith in Christ. I am passionate to educate and influence them to be readers, so they will become lifelong readers of the Bible!"

“And it [the Word of God] shall be with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lord his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes, and doing them, that his heart may not be lifted up above his brothers, and that he may not turn aside from the commandment, either to the right hand or to the left.”
(Deuteronomy 17:19-20)

No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?