Search RJ's Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

God's Unwavering Faithfulness!


In the words of Jeremiah who faced trials in Lamentations 3:17-23, “My soul is bereft of peace; I have forgotten what happiness is; so I say, 'My endurance has perished; so has my hope from the LORD.' Remember my affliction and my wanderings…My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

Over the last few months, the Lord Jesus Christ has been providing undeserved blessings for my wife and I while we go through this difficult season. As we continue to just be faithful in what we have, God has been blessing us through our supportive family, loving friends, great bargains and hook-ups! I cannot agree more with Jeremiah's theological reflection of the God's provision during his trials, "Great is your faithfulness."

My family has been unconditionally supporting with all kinds of things to help my wife and I make ends meet. I cannot thank God enough for parents and in-laws who want to be there for us. My friends have been praying and thinking about us in many ways, which have ministered to me greatly during this time of need. Several "secret friends" have blessed us with anonymous gift cards, and others have thought of us when they have an extra ticket or pass to go places like the movies, restaurants, sporting events, or amusement parks. My wife and I have tried our best to wisely stretch out our budget so we can still afford to get a thing or two that we need. Once we decided to stretch out our budget, the Lord has opened so many doors for great bargains on things we actually needed. I am speechless when I reflect on all the Lord has provided for during this difficult season!

This is the straight up truth: Even though my wife and I cannot give what we desire; even thought my wife and I cannot go places we desire; even thought my wife and I cannot do things at this moment as we desire - my wife and I place our confidence in Jesus Christ and trust him for everything, even more! I wanted to write this post to give all the glory to God for his blessings and unwavering faithfulness. As in the words of gymnast Gabby Douglas in the Olympics, "I give all the glory to God. It's kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to Him, and all the blessings fall down on me." Well said. That is EXACTLY how my wife and I feel. Thank you Lord for your unwavering faithfulness towards those who put their trust in you!

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
(Psalm 34:8)

No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?