Search RJ's Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Accepted! - Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

This Christmas I received a very important document in the mail. I received an acceptance letter from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS)! I cannot believe that I have been accepted and will begin classes in 2013. Thank you to all who wrote a recommendation for me. I believe it is non-debatable to suggest a better school than SBTS for ministry even though there are many good schools. I believe SBTS is the best traditional and evangelical seminary in the United States under the leadership of the school president, Albert Mohler. His evangelical leadership and faculty is second to none recently, and to have the opportunity to go to this well establish institution is truly an honor.

Below is a video explaining the purpose and goal of SBTS, and what it is like to go to seminary and come out of seminary equipped to full the Great Commission.



Here is a link to the school's website if your interested in what they offer:
Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

Here is a link to the school of theology where I have been accepted:
School of Theology at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

Here is a link to my master's degree and the classes I will have to take to graduate:
M. Div. - Concentration in Biblical & Theological Studies

I am excited to fulfill the words of the Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 2:15, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."

I know the Lord has called me to go to seminary, however, I am being patient to see how everything is going to be provided for in the future. The first step is going out in faith to see if I would get accepted into seminary. The second step is to prioritize things in order to take courses and be on track to graduate in an appropriate fashion, while getting the most out of my seminary experience. As this opportunity has presented itself to me, and I am ready to go all in for the Lord Jesus Christ!


No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?