Search RJ's Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

30 Reasons Why I Love My Wife On Her 30th Birthday

Melissa and I have been married for two years and four months. Ever since we have been together, it has truly been a match made in heaven! It appears 2013 will be the most challenging and unexpected growing experience we will face since we have been together. I face unemployment at the start of the year. I am looking for full-time work at a stable company, yet I am primarily seeking and desire to work in the ministry or private education teaching biblical studies to students (while getting accepted to seminary to continue my education in biblical studies). On the other hand, my wife faces a new employment opportunity at our church as the college & high school ministries secretary. She will be able to assist the work of the ministry throughout the year. It is funny how God works things out, so we are looking forward to see how everything unfolds.

Despite the challenges, I love my wife because we are facing our difficulties in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 4:4-6). Our faith has grounded us in a solid theological reality that will only encourage us to continue to have faith, hope, and love. We are looking to our great God and Savior to provide for us each step of 2013 (as we have always done). In 2013, however, all of our time, finances, and service will be extremely burdened unlike previous years. We are prepared to grow closer to each other and Jesus Christ by using our time, finances, and service for God's glory. Thus, my wife and I will hold onto each other that much tighter this next year as we pray and seek the Lord or his will to be done.

Through the good times and tough times, Melissa has been one amazing wife and friend. She is the perfect companion for me in many ways. For that reason, I have decided to write this special blog post in her honor. Below is a random list of 30 reasons why I love my wife for her 30th birthday:

1. Melissa loves God
I love my wife because she loves the Lord with all her heart, mind, and soul.

2. Melissa obeys God's Word
I love my wife because she obeys the Scriptures as a wife, disciple, and servant of the Lord.

3. Melissa desires to glorify God
I love my wife because she wants to glorify God in all things.

4. Melissa is holy
I love my wife because she is holy and pure in all her ways.

5. Melissa is trustworthy
I love my wife because she is trustworthy as a wife, friend, and servant.

6. Melissa is faithful
I love my wife because she is faithful to her words.

7. Melissa is humble
I love my wife because she is humble in her attitude and actions.

8. Melissa is tenderhearted
1 love my wife because she is tenderhearted to others and cares about those in need.

9. Melissa is loyal
I love my wife because she is loyal to her family and friends.

10. Melissa is beautiful
I love my wife because she is the most beautiful woman alive.

11. Melissa is funny
I love my wife because she always says something funny and shares her laughs with others.

12. Melissa is a peacemaker
I love my wife because she is never wants controversy or confrontation.

13. Melissa is godly mother at heart
I love my wife because she desires to raise a family in the ways of the Lord

14. Melissa is crafty
I love my wife because she creates so many crafts with her cute imagination and Pinterest.

15. Melissa is an amazing cook
I love my wife because she is the best cook, hands down.

16. Melissa is a good driver
I love my wife because she is one of the safest drivers I know.

17. Melissa is a visionary
I love my wife because she has visions for the future that are not out of proportion or unrealistic.

18. Melissa is good music listener
I love my wife because she listens and loves the same music.

19. Melissa is a classy girl
I love my wife because she is a classy girl who loves and appreciates the finer things in life.

20. Melissa is a godly counselor
I love my wife because she gives godly advice to those who ask for it.

21. Melissa is wise
I love my wife because she is wise and shares her insight or foresight regarding decisions.

22. Melissa is honest
I love my wife because she is honest and tells people the truth in grace.

23. Melissa is a sushi lover
I love my wife because she will eat sushi.

24. Melissa is a good movie watcher
I love my wife because she enjoys the same movies that are not chick flicks.

25. Melissa is a good dancer
I love my wife because she loves to dance.

26. Melissa is biblically centered
I love my wife because she went to Bible college to be biblically centered in her life.

27. Melissa is a good sport
I love my wife because she will at least try the guy things I do for recreation.

28. Melissa is a good hugger
I love my wife because she gives the best hugs.

29. Melissa is forgiving
I love my wife because she is willing to forgive others.

30. Melissa is my best friend.
I love my wife because she is my best friend who makes everything better when we are together.


No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?