Search RJ's Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Good Books on the Doctrine of Jesus Christ

I have two courses with Dr. Wellum at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Both courses overlap each other with the theological subject of Christology (i.e. the study of the doctrine of Jesus Christ). I have never read more about Jesus so objectively. I guess you can say that I am starting out seminary right by studying in depth about my Lord and Savior! I am thankful for these courses, but really wished that I would have more time to read through all of the material slower. Going over material fast is hard to remember everything, so I am learning how to read fast and retain comprehension, especially theological and Christological themes.

Below is a list of "just" the books on the doctrine of Jesus Christ. I know, it is a lot of books.  Go figure, SBTS does not take it lightly when they say "we are serious about the gospel." The good thing was that I had some of them already, so all I need to do is review them again. Therefore, here is my list of the books required for my course regarding the doctrine of Jesus. I highly recommend reading all of them!

Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective: An Introductory Christology by Fred Sanders & Klaus Issler

No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?