Search RJ's Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pastor Ralph Arthur: A Great Example


This morning, Pastor Ralph Arthur from Harvest Christian Fellowship passed away in his sleep. He is now in heaven with the Lord. I cannot image how things are going to be without him. What a great example this man was to all ages. He was like the apostle "Barnabas" among all the pastors who just had a Christ-like brotherly love, passion, and helping hands for everyone and the ministry. He lead 7 different ministries at Harvest, plus his family and friends. What a warrior for the Lord. He had the most wonderful personality i have ever known. He was the most fun, loving, encouraging, and fruitful man i ever knew. We can all learn from the godly example of Pastor Ralph Arthur.

When i read 1 Timothy 4:12, "Be an example in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity," i cannot think of anyone else but Pastor Ralph as this man. He truly set the bar for all of us Christians on how we should live.

His words were always encouraging;
His conduct was always edifying;
His love was always enduring;
His faith was always exquisite;
His purity was always esteemed.

I learned from him to always be a blessing to everyone (1 Peter 3:8-9), to be looking to the glorious appearing of our Lord's return and to serve God passionately (Titus 2;13-14), and to trust in the Lord at all times (Proverbs 3:5, Romans 8:28). I can go on forever. I have learned many things as a young man of God through the example of this true man of God. Now i will be able to teach other young men how to live godly lives from the godly life of Pastor Ralph Arthur.

I have many memories with Pastor Ralph. However, the last memory was in October when Melissa was having her surgery to remove her tumor. He brought us on stage at Day7 to pray over us, and encouraged us in the word to trust the Lord. He lovingly encouraged and blessed us that night, which truly built our faith.

Next month, my fiance Melissa and I will be starting pre-martial counseling. I was SO looking forward to meeting with pastor Ralph, but i will sadly miss out on that opportunity now. I think the last time i talked to Him was at Harvest as i visited the office and on a Wednesday night passing by the new buildings. Even though he will be truly missed, he is in the heaven worshiping the everlasting God, the Lord Jesus Christ! His death does bring a sense of joy and hope, because i know he is the happiest he has ever been as he is in the eternal kingdom of God right this moment!

I will really miss Pastor Ralph for now, but that will be temporary because i will see Him in heaven one day!

I will be praying for his family as these next few weeks will be very difficult. May the God of ALL comfort fill the Arthur family with His peace and love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

RJ McCauley said...

Thank you! I have more thought that goes into my blog entries now than previously. Who is this?

Anonymous said...

I just read your fond tribute to my good friend "Ralphie". Very well said and so TRUE! I miss him dearly and will continue to do so. I met him around 1989 in a Bible study men's group. One thing he told me way back then was his desire to be a Pastor someday. It was so good to see him achieve that dream before going home. I only can imagine him zipping around heaven from Saint to Saint gleaning all he can, then worshipping, gleaning and worshipping some more!! What a great friend...
Being a believer assures us that we will see him again!

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?