Search RJ's Blog

Friday, June 12, 2009

June Gloom Is Truly Gloomy...

Just as the weather has been unpredictable with the June gloom temperatures (one day its hot, humid, or freezing), this month has been the same way for me personally. This month has totally changed the rest of this year and really my life. Wednesday I was laid off at work due to lack of work unexpectedly. In this country, thousands of people have been losing their jobs due to bankruptcy and people not paying them. Now I have felt the effect of this recession our economy and nation are in currently. It is difficult right now for me because I planned on getting married next year to my beautiful fiancé Melissa. Now we are postponing everything until the Lord gives us direction. However, I am at peace. It is that peace that God can only give; the peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). I know the Lord Jesus Christ has a great plan for my life, therefore i have a future and a hope in His holy name (Jeremiah 29:11). Since one door has closed, another is destined to open. In that destiny, I need to find a job that will be a career job, not a temporary job for a few years (unless that is what God calls me to do until something else opens up). This is almost impossible to find in this economy. However, I have faith! "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible!" (Mark 10:27)

A Deep Desire.
Nevertheless, my deepest heart is to be in ministry. I do not know why it is that way, but God has instilled that into my heart to have compassion on people and to worship Him and sever His people. Don't get me wrong, I loved and still love to work as a drafter/designer in the industry. However, if this is something God is calling me to do, then who am I to say no? We will see what Jesus has in store for me and Melissa.

A New Revelation.
I want to share something with you guys. I have a tremendous burden for High Schooler's in the generations below me, because Satan is attacking them in so many ways. The Bible literacy among teens in this country or just in Riverside, CA is unbelieveable. Harvest is doing a great job with the High School ministry Activate and trying hard to preach, teach, and reach the community and the high schools with the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I would love to do this. That is why I have started the Orangecrest High School Study. Also on my heart is to start a bible study for high schoolers on a weekday like Thursday night. The Woodcrest, Orangecrest, Mission Grove area is so dense and has so many high schooler's roaming around, the Lord has put a burden on my heart for them.

Please Pray.
Well friends, I ask that you will pray for me and time passes on this summer. Love you all and I hope you all have a great weekend! I will let you all know how the 2009 Resolved Conference goes as it starts in 6 hours!!! Blessings.

No comments:

What is your favorite subject in Christian Studies?